Robotics Software Engineer - Planning
Atlanta, GA Full-Time
AGreenzie’s mission is to free humans from manual labor. We’re starting with the hardest tasks first — highly repetitive outdoor work in the green industry: lawn maintenance, turf mowing, landscaping. We are hiring software roboticists who want to do applied robotics, now. We build software to do real work. Join our Team.
As a Software Developer you will:
- Develop software for our autonomous outdoor robotics platform using the Robotic Operating System (ROS) using, C++, Python, and more.
- Code-review, pair-program, and problem solve with teammates.
- Perform data collection and analysis with our robots to identify the best solutions to the real-world challenges they face.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly sprint planning, retrospectives, and roadmap planning.
- Build a great company: it’s up to you how involved you want to be. We are an open book and share the experience of building a company from customer discovery to sales to marketing, you can participate and learn all aspects of business.
As a Robotic Planning Specialist you will:
- Implement robust and efficient solutions for smart and safe robot navigation and task completion.
- Assist in architecting a system capable of dynamic planning that can respond to real-world environmental changes and user interaction.
As a candidate you already:
- Have experience solving planning problems with real-world robotic systems.
- Have software development experience and solid engineering practices.
- Have experience with robotics: control systems, machine vision, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, and/or other robotics algorithms and libraries.
- Have used the Robotic Operating System (ROS) and simulation with Gazebo.
- Know C++, CMake, and related development tools.
- Know Python or other high-level scripting languages.
- Desire to free humans from hard, manual labor.
You might also (nice-to-have):
- Have an advanced degree in robotics/motion control/planning or related field.
- Have participated in robotics competitions as part of a team.
- You’ve mowed a lawn or two.
- Appreciate a results-based, startup culture.
PAY & BENEFITS
The benefits we offer to full-time employees:
- Employee Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, with options for HSA
- 401K matching
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Any hardware you need: Macbook Pro? Sure. Slick ThinkPad running Ubuntu? You got it.
- A transparent, entrepreneurial, startup culture: want to help with sales and marketing? Join in (but be ready to take on real tasks).