Robotics Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA Full-Time
Please note we are currently taking a pause from hiring, as we have a full team hard on hand right now and we're hard at work for the 2020 mowing season. If you'd still like to apply for a job like this when an opening comes up soon, please apply below and we will keep your resume on hand!
Greenzie’s mission is to free humans from manual labor. We’re starting with the hardest tasks first — highly repetitive outdoor work in the green industry: lawn maintenance, turf mowing, landscaping. We are hiring software roboticists who want to do applied robotics, now. We build software to do real work. Join our Team.
As a Software Developer you will:
- Develop software for our autonomous outdoor robotics platform using the Robotic Operating System (ROS) using Python, C++, and more.
- Code-review, pair-program, and problem solve with teammates
- Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly sprint planning, retrospectives, and roadmap planning
- Build a great company: it’s up to you how involved you want to be. We are an open book and share the experience of building a company from customer discovery to sales to marketing, you can participate and learn all aspects of business.
As a candidate you already:
- Have software development experience and solid engineering practices
- Have experience with robotics: control systems, machine vision, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, and/or other robotics algorithms and libraries
- Have used the Robotic Operating System (ROS) and simulation with Gazebo
- Know Python or other high-level scripting languages
- Know C++ or other lower-level embedded languages
- Desire to free humans from hard, manual labor
You might also (nice-to-have):
- Understand machine learning fundamentals and the most common libraries
- You’ve mowed a lawn or two
- Appreciate a results-based, startup culture
The benefits we offer to full-time employees:
- Employee Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, with options for HSA
- 401K matching
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Any hardware you need: Macbook Pro? Sure. Slick ThinkPad running Ubuntu? You got it.
- A transparent, entrepreneurial, startup culture: want to help with sales and marketing? Join in (but be ready to take on real tasks).