Atlanta, GA Full-Time
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently only considering internship candidates for start dates in Fall 2021 or later. Spring and Summer 2021 positions have been filled.
Greenzie’s mission is to free humans from manual labor. We’re starting with the hardest tasks first — highly repetitive outdoor work in the green industry: lawn maintenance, turf mowing, landscaping. We are hiring software roboticists who want to do applied robotics, now. We build software to do real work. Join our Team.
As a Robotics Intern (Mechanical, Software, Electrical) you will:
- Learn about robotics and software development
- Develop software for our autonomous outdoor robotics platform using the Robotic Operating System (ROS) using Python, C++, and more.
- Code-review, pair-program, and problem solve with teammates
- Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly sprint planning, retrospectives, and roadmap planning
- Build a great company: it’s up to you how involved you want to be. We are an open book and share the experience of building a company from customer discovery to sales to marketing, you can participate and learn all aspects of business.
As a candidate you already:
- Have some software development experience and are studying best engineering practices
- Have used the Robotic Operating System (ROS) and simulation with Gazebo
- Know a bit of Python or other high-level scripting languages
- Know a bit of C++ or other lower-level embedded languages (you can at least read it and understand it)
- Desire to free humans from hard, manual labor
You might also (nice-to-have):
- Have experience with robotics: control systems, machine vision, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, and/or other robotics algorithms and libraries
- Understand machine learning fundamentals and the most common libraries
- You’ve mowed a lawn or two
- Appreciate a results-based, startup culture
The benefits we offer to our interns:
- Competitive hourly compensation and course credit
- Any hardware you need: Macbook Pro? Sure. Slick ThinkPad running Ubuntu? You got it.
- A transparent, entrepreneurial, startup culture: want to help with sales and marketing? Join in (but be ready to take on real tasks).